A random and brief collection of pieces of advice and predictions I’ve been given that missed the mark.
- Once you get a job, you will never go back to university.
- You will never manage to make an American friend.
- You will find Asian people very aggressive.
- After a couple of years in Microsoft, you will get rid of all your non-Microsoft electronics.
- Once you hear our offer, you’ll decide to stay. (Said by the managers of my previous job)
- After you’ve been in New York four years, you’re hooked and you never want to leave.
- After you turn 30, you realize you understand pretty much everything. (Said by the dumbest teacher I had in high school)
- We think you’ll love Blade Runner. (Netflix recommendations)